So, you’ve decided that you’d like to begin counselling.
First, please contact me and be sure to leave your contact information
I will hold your communication confidential and private*. Please let me know the best way and time to reach you, and if that method will guarantee your confidentiality.
*Practitioners must reach out for help from outside agencies when a client’s message indicates the intention to harm self or others, or knowledge of active abuse of a child or youth; release of confidential communications may, in rare circumstances, be required by court order.
Booking and Cancellation Information
- Weekly seems to work best for most people.
- Sessions for individuals: 60min., for trauma treatment preferably1 ½ hours, and for couples 1 ½ hours or 3 hours.
- Sessions are available daytime Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, and Tuesday – Friday late afternoons and early evenings.
- Please be sure to inform me of cancellations at least 24 hours in advance; there will be a charge of $60 per session missed without advance notice.
- Late arrival may result in a shorter counselling session. Sessions for which the client is more than 30 minutes late will be deemed cancelled, as there would not remain adequate time to complete work responsibly.
Our First Session
At our first session, we will get the paperwork done, discuss goal-setting, and still have some time for me to get to know you and your area of concern. We will
- review and sign off on your Intake Form, especially regarding Informed Consent, confidentiality, contact information, the counselling fee, and any questions you may have about counselling.
- Note: you have the option to print off the Intake Form from this website and bring the completed Intake Form to save in-session time.
- explore your area of concern and set goals for therapy;
- assess that you and I are a good fit. If “yes”, we will set further appointment dates. (If either of us thinks “no”, I will provide you with referral options.)
My counselling fee is $140 per 60 minute session for individuals, Couples or families, $160 per hour which works out to $240 for the recommended 1 ½ hour session. *Rates are GST inclusive
Payment is due at the beginning of each session
- by e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org
- by cheque, payable to Rosalyn Best
- by cash
Many extended health benefit programs cover the cost of counselling provided by Registered Clinical Counsellors (RCCs). Ask your employer or benefits provider.
*Business/GST #:73514 3885 RT0001
Get In Touch
I will try to follow up within 24 hours. I look forward to our work together!